Friday, January 25, 2019

6A Identifying opportunities in Economic and Regulatory Trends

1) The first trend that could be applied to my business concept is the constant growth of a communal economy. This trend can be seen with companies such as Uber, Airbnb, Turo, and countless others that place their supply and demand in the hands of people within a specific community. For example, Uber is a company that holds less liability than most companies because all of the infrastructures behind it is solely owned by the drivers. Most of the company is simply a service that is controlled within an app. Just like Uber, there are countless other businesses that simply make a marketplace for clients to exchange services and they just get a cut for brokering the deal.

2) The second trend that is relevant to the communal airport car sharing is the interest in consumers trying to find new flows of passive income. This can be seen with the dominance of small apps like acorns and Robinhood that do the majority of the investing for the consumers and then the consumers feel rewarded since they aren't being stagnant with their money. I think this is such a valuable opportunity because my business idea will be a new way for people to be effective with their assets. Just like people can list their houses on Airbnb when they are gone for long periods of time, they will be able to list their car on my platform by simply going to the airport.

3)The first regulatory trend that is being implemented can be seen in a city like Las Vegas. For example, the city of Las Vegas strongly discourages the use of uber ride sharing since it takes away the income of the taxi system that the city has implemented. This regulatory trend can be an opportunity because it is a substitute for the Uber concept since it will be a new way for tourists to navigate themselves around the city.  I was able to find this opportunity by traveling to Las Vegas and personally seeing the way that the uber industry was viewed. For example, when I pulled into the Venetian hotel in an uber, I was charged for entering with the uber. Overall though, this opportunity will be difficult to take advantage of because my own business might be faced with animosity if I enter into a new city with a large infrastructure. I was able to form this opportunity because I think that any city will do what it takes to find a competitor to Uber and I think that my business concept has that potential.


4)The last regulatory trend that shows an opportunity is the new bills that subsidize many car rental places that offer electric and hybrid vehicles. This proves useful because my business concept could adapt to users who own a hybrid or electric cars. I was able to find this opportunity by reviewing a lot of the SEC filings for companies like Tesla and BMW and seeing all of the regulatory subsidies that are provided for electric and hybrid cars. Overall, I think this will be a relatively easy opportunity because the overall consumer appeal is already veering towards fuel efficiency and it will be an easy upsell



No comments:

Post a Comment